Owning a home doesn’t only mean that you get to enjoy its comfort and peace but also have to pay attention to its air quality and health effects on the residents. This statement is given in the context of how the system works and how often owners used to clean them. As you know, this is essential since it has a direct effect on human health. Maybe you are not aware that there are several skills required for the cleaning of ventilation systems in your home. Though, if someone doesn’t know when to get them cleaned, then this guide is for them:
Air Duct Cleaning
Air duct cleaning refers to the process of cleaning all dirt and debris from the system that is responsible to circulate air around the home. It also involves cleaning of other components of the HVAC system, particularly heat exchangers, furnace fans, coils, and the likes. What else is important? Click here and get to know about it.
When to Clean the Duct System?
Before hiring a duct cleaning service, the question is when and why to avail them. Here are 4 reasons to take into consideration:
- Critters: Insects, birds, rodents and other creatures can get create their homes in the air ducts. So, if insects or animals are present in the system, make arrangements for their removal and clean debris as soon as possible.
- Home renovation or new home: In case of moving to a new home or getting the existing one renovated, don’t forget to call a cleaner to get rid of the debris before they start affecting the home’s environment.
- Dust: It’s quite common to see dust everywhere in the home. It is the most common allergen that has a significant impact on how the environment would be inside the home.
- Mold: They grow in the cooling and heating components of the air ducts. So, if homeowners notice mold anywhere in the system or even a sign like musty odor, then it’s high time to take an action and either replace or clean the contaminated area before it affects other parts of the HVAC system.
Why is it Important to Clean Air Ducts?
According to lasvegasairduct.com, it’s true that dusting different areas of the home doesn’t usually include ducts due to which, they accumulate dirt and debris over time, thereby causing huge damages to the system itself. So, with air duct cleaning, homeowners are able to enjoy the following benefits:
- Healthy indoor air: By removing excessive mold, debris, or dust, owners can see a significant improvement in the air quality with a reduction in airborne irritants or allergies from the home.
- Increased efficiency: With a cleaner duct system, the HVAC system will become more efficient and it will start to make the home’s interior more comfortable and relaxing.
- Heating and cooling expenses: They are increasing day by day because of the inefficiency of the duct system. There might be a lot of dirt and debris in the piping that decreases air circulation over time.
How to Select an Air Duct Cleaner?
Another important step in cleaning this system is to find the right service provider. Homeowners should never say YES to the first contractor they come across. They should do some research, compare their quotes, and come up with someone who can get the job done efficiently at a reasonable cost. Below are a few aspects to consider in the search:
- Take opinions from people who have previously hired duct cleaners. Visit them and ask how they will clean the whole system and at what cost.
- Make sure that they do not use chemicals because they might damage piping or other components of the HVAC system.
- Avoid getting into the trap of sweeping claims, some contractors declare themselves to be professionals and provide unproven health benefits.
There are many more elements to consider hiring a qualified duct cleaner. Homeowners just have to figure out how they are supposed to get things done and at what budget. Once they have all details, it will be quite easy to come up with a suitable contractor who understands the essence of time, money, and client satisfaction.
The Improvement of Air Quality
The dust can pile up in the system over time. This directly causes it not to work properly. This is why it is important to maintain it regularly. Let’s face it, it doesn’t matter how often you are cleaning your house, dust mites are always going to be present. The proper air duct system will clean it and release it outside your home.
This is the reason it can pile up in some amount of time if we are not taking proper care of the system itself. At the same time, besides just basic cleaning, your home will be rich with high-quality air and you will feel much better in your own home. At the same time, you are going to be much healthier since we know that quality air is essential for human health.
Increasing the House’s Resale Value
When you enter the market with the intention of selling your home, you need to provide certain information about the house itself. Naturally, many people will try to knock down the price for a variety of reasons. This is why you need to take care of all potentially problematic areas around your home.
The air quality, or the state of the ventilation system, is not different from it. With maintaining it properly and frequently you will increase the resale value of your home. You will have many more arguments to keep the price you are asking for. So, at the same time, you will be able to keep the price at the level you want and you will reside in a home that has quality air. This is a win-win situation.
Can you Do it Yourself?
Having the poor quality of air in your home usually comes from irregularities in this system. Fixing it is an absolute must if you care about your health and the health of your family. The question is, can you do it yourself? Well, this is a pretty hard question to answer. In order to fix it or improve it, you need to need to hire professional help. The reason is that there are certain skills and tools required for this job. This is not an average job that you can do with average tools and skills of fixing the things around the house.
This job involves many things that need your attention, besides requiring certain skills. Doing a half-job or not doing it properly at all is not an option since this is a highly important element of every house. The only thing you can do on yourself is to use a vacuum cleaner to do all of the basic cleanings. For something more, you need to find a reputable company that will complete this task properly and effectively. So, we would highly recommend you not to try doing it on your own.
While ventilation system cleaning doesn’t need to be done on a regular basis, it is crucial to keep an eye on their cleanliness and performance. Homeowners have to figure out the reasons as to why they have to hire professional cleaners. We’ve already talked about the reasons why you should hire professionals to complete this task instead of doing it on your own.