Traeger grills are some of the best in the world and are used by the top BBQers. Purchasing a new grill is exciting and allows owners to dream of all those smoky meat options. A Traeger grill puts the power of smoke at the griller’s fingertips. Learning how to get started with a new grill will catapult owners into the world of grilling.
How to Start Using a Traeger Grill
There are several steps owners will need to take after buying a new grill. Unboxing the masterpiece and putting it on display is only the beginning. Below, owners will find the steps they need to take to begin enjoying their new grill. Owners can learn further information by visiting rtaoutdoorliving.com.
One of the first steps to enjoying a new grill is unboxing. The Traeger grill comes with everything needed for safe and easy assembly. The company includes easy-to-follow instructions with every smoker. Make sure to follow them precisely for the best results. If there are a lot of extra parts at the end of the assembly, something is wrong.
After everything is assembled, connect the smart grill to Wi-Fi. Make sure to follow the directions for installing and calibrating the pellet box so it will smoke meats to perfection.
Season the Grill
Seasoning a new grill is essential for good grilling results. Seasoning the grill prevents sticking and helps seal in the delicious flavor of meats, seafood, and vegetables.
Before grilling the first batch of food on a Traeger grill, new owners need to season it to burn off any impurities. Take the steps below to season a new grill.
- Prime the auger tube with fresh pellets.
- Plug in the grill and turn on the power switch.
- Add hardwood pellets to the hopper of the grill.
- Press the power button to fire up the controller screen.
- Turn the dial until you reach “Select Auger.” Press “Prime Auger.”
- When the pellets fall into the firepot, you can select “Done.”
- Turn the dial to 350 degrees.
- Press the ignite button, and then close the lid of the grill.
- Adjust the temperature to 450 degrees.
- Shut the grill down when it reaches 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
The steps could not be simpler. No one would place a delicious steak on the grill without sprinkling it with seasoning. One also should never cook on your new grill until they have seasoned it properly.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Traeger Grill
Once people own a Traeger, they never trust another brand. For those who love to cook outdoors, time passes quickly when spent with their grill. Getting the most out of a Traeger grill gives owners the best bang for their buck. The following tips should make operating a new grill easier and more fun.
Connect the Grill to Wi-Fi
Connect the new grill to Wi-Fi to get access to all features. Make sure the grill is within 30 feet of the router, and take care of the following pairing steps.
- Open the app and select “Add WireFire Grill.”
- Select the controller that matches the grill.
- Choose the correct grill model.
- Pair with a QR code.
- Add the Wi-Fi password.
Those are the only steps for connecting the Wi-Fi to the new pellet grill. With Wi-Fi and the app, operating a Traeger smart grill is simpler than imaginable.
Should You Use a Grill Insulating Blanket?
Some people only grill during the warmer months of the year, but die-hards grill all year long. Those living in a region that gets below 35 degrees should consider wrapping their grill in an insulating blanket. Cooking on a grill wrapped in an insulating blanket keeps it at optimal temperature by preventing heat loss. The heat-resistant insulating blanket buffets the grill from the cold temperature extremes and keeps things toasty warm.
What Pellets Are Best for Smoking?
Smoking takes grilling to the next level. Choosing the best wood pellets is essential for delicious flavor. The following offers guidelines to help grillers choose the correct pellets for each type of meat.
- Traeger Signature wood pellets are ideal for classic BBQ, fish, and vegetables. It has a blend of hickory, maple, and cherry.
- Apple wood pellets are perfect for pork and offer a light and fruity smoke to the meat.
- Cherry wood pellets pair perfectly with beef ribs because they provide a hearty smoke.
- Hickory wood pellets are the most widely used but can be overpowering. Hickory pellets make delicious smoked brats.
- Mesquite wood pellets are a favorite in Texas, and they make delicious smoked peppers.
- Pecan wood pellets are ideal for beef, pork, or poultry because they offer a little nuttiness and spice.
Storing wood pellets properly is critical. Moisture is an enemy to pellets and will cause them to swell. After exposure to moisture, the pellets will not operate correctly. Keep them dry.
Keep Your Grill Clean
A clean grill is a happy grill. Use a grill brush to keep the grates clean, and perform a deep cleaning every spring. Maintaining a grill will make it last much longer and help it function better. Improperly maintained grills will impact the grilling process and produce lackluster results when smoking meats.
Traeger Grills Are Like No Other
Traeger is one of the top manufacturers of grills and has been around since 1985. The brand is one of the most respected in the country, and these grills are meant to last through many grilling seasons. Those who have never owned one of these grills are missing out. Those who grill on a Traeger will never go back to the mundane of other grills.
Following the steps above will keep Traeger grills operating safely and efficiently. These grills are beautiful to look at, and they create smoked delights that transcend flavor profiles.
Every new Traeger grill offers the opportunity to embrace cooking like never before. Using the insulated grill blanket means owners can grill even in the dead of winter. Keep the grill clean, hot, and smoking, and every dish will be delightful.