Our Top Picks Of The Best Car Wax
Owning a car is like owning a pet. You need to take good care of it if you want it to live longer. Same goes with a car if you want it to serve you well, taking care of it and providing regular maintenance will surely lengthen its usability.
A Complete Buying Guide on the Best Car Wax
Now when it comes to care and car maintenance, your car needs to look shiny and clean at all times. One of the best ways to do this is by applying the best car wax that you can find.
What is Car Wax?
Car wax is a substance made from natural ingredients called carnauba waxes which gives the best shine to cars. However, this substance can also be created synthetically.
It is also been proven that even though the natural wax can shine well, it does not last long enough compared to ones made from synthetic substances.
Types of Car Waxes
There are two types of car wax used in cleaning cars. Knowing the difference between the two will educate you on which should be used first and which ones should be the last.
Works according to its name. The cleaner wax is a wax used to clean the car. This type of wax contains three main chemicals that are very helpful in cleaning your car, giving it the shine you need and at the same time provide a protective layer to the car’s paint. This wax is good for quick cleanup especially if you haven’t really cleaned your car in a while or if you need a clean and presentable car in a short period of time. However, keep in mind that a cleaner wax is not ideal for cars with paint oxidation or rust. If you haven’t cleaned your car in years, it’s best to have it professionally cleaned rather than using this type of wax.
This type of wax is the finale for your car. If you want to have a really shiny car then this is the best car wax to get. Finishing waxes does not have strong chemicals, unlike cleaner waxes. So it cannot be used to clean the car or remove any debris from it.
As you can see it is not too hard to distinguish the type of car wax to buy. Make sure to read the labels before purchasing one so you know what kind of car wax you are getting.
The Best Car Wax to Try
Now that you know the types of car waxes out there, you must learn about the top five car waxes that you can find in the market today. Here’s what we have collected:
1. Liquid Glass LG-100
Our First choice for car wax belongs to Liquid Glass. The LG – 100 Ultimate is also considered to be one of the favorites by many users. This car wax can provide your car with a mirror-like shine that can wow other car owners.
It also protects your car really well especially from road salt deterioration, acid rain, sap, rust, tear, corrosion, dulling and even bird droppings.
It can also help prevent the scratch formation and can give high gloss after application. The results are almost instant too in comparison to other brands. The liquid glass finish it provides works as excellent car protection for your car especially from cracking or peeling.
It also prevents your car from turning yellow as well as cracking paint. It can be used also on all types of paints, all brightwork, and all glass and is safe to use.
- It results in a high gloss finish.
- Protects the car from cracking, peeling, chipping or turning yellow.
- You don’t need to remove it after use.
- It has a glass-like appearance after application and brings out the shine in your car.
- It is easy to apply.
- It’s sold at a reasonable price.
- Not ideal for cars that are powder-coated.
- It may not work with all the cars.
Related Car Product: 5 Best Window Tint
2. Meguiar’s G17516
Another brand name that you can trust when it comes to car cleaners and wax belongs to Meguiar’s.
This wonderful car wax features the Hydrophobic Polymer Technology that makes any car paint look lively with a deep, wet-look shine that average car waxes cannot give.
This is also a polymer-based spray wax that can be applied directly even on hot surfaces without leaving any streaks or white residues.
- It works really well on different cars.
- The price is inexpensive for such an effective wax.
- All you have to do is spray and wipe.
- It helps protect your car’s paint.
- It does not leave any residue.
- The shine lasts longer compared to other brands.
- It dries quickly and brings out the shine in a matter of minutes after wiping.
- This product the bottle was halfway filled up. Check-in with the customer service if this happens.
- Some customers complained about the product leaving a smeary finish on their cars.
- It does not work on certain cars.
3. Mothers 10016 Reflections Car Wax
This wonderful car wax has been rated with 4.9 stars by many of its satisfied users.
It is because this car wax can do an excellent job of keeping your car shiny and looking brand new thanks to its main ingredients. It is also the latest generation of car wax developed by the company which contains clearcoat safe paint care technology as well as advancement in the liquid polymer technologies added by the brand.
This allows the user to blend this product with mild cleaners using high-gloss polymers. As a result, your car looks brand-new with a long-lasting protective coat and shine. You can also use this product alone or with other cleaners if you wish to obtain even stunning results.
- It works as an excellent sealant.
- It is easy to apply and remove.
- It gives long-lasting shine and works perfectly with dark-colored cars.
- It provides long-lasting protection if used regularly.
- The smell may be too strong; customers described it as “an old man’s cologne”.
- It may not work on certain types of cars especially really old ones.
4. Mothers 05750
Another good car wax from Mothers is the 05750 California Gold Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax. This product is among the most popular products in the market today thanks to the Ultimate Wax System that delivers deep shine as well as lasting protection to your car.
It also helps protect pains and clearcoats the car after application. It also helps enhance the color of your car and at the same time preserves the finish of your car just the way you like it.
- It can be applied more than once for added protection.
- It is safe to use even multiple times.
- It provides your car with long-lasting shine.
- It works really well.
- It can help protect the paint of your car.
- It fits your budget.
- Customers complained that it is a bit difficult to use compared to other brands.
- It is hard work as hand wax. Works with power buffers.
5. Turtle Wax T-415
For our last choice, we give to you Turtle Wax. This product can help remove any scratches in your car as well as swirl marks. It also removes surface blemishes along with grit sanding scratches. It is also silicone-free so you know that this wax can work with paint and is preferred by those who work in professional detailing in cars.
It can be applied by hand or a rotary polisher. It is generally safe for all finishes. You can choose to use microfiber, cotton or foam pads as an applicator. If done correctly, it can give you the best shine you are aiming for.
- It works great with different cars.
- Works well in removing scratches.
- It’s easy to use with the right tools.
- It can provide long-lasting shine and protection for your car.
- Works great at a price you can afford.
- It may not entirely remove all scratches.
- Customers complained that it did not work as expected even when they followed the instructions.
6. CarGuys Liquid Wax – The Ultimate Car Wax Shine
It is really very easy to see and understand why most car owners trust and rely on the Car Guys brand a whole lot and take a look at this car wax, for example, it features brand new additives that improve its durability and protection ability. There isn’t any form of professional skill or experience required in applying this product as all it takes is just to apply and wipe therefore making it the easiest and quickest car wax product to make use of.
No doubt some products on the market will make your car look good but this particular car wax would get your car to have that glossy shine and its unique nano polymer additives don’t just make it shine deeper but it also makes it last longer and makes the surface look slick.
- Last long and is completely durable
- Provides a deeper black finish
- One of the easiest products to make use of as it can be applied and wiped off with ease
- Would get your car to shine like new again
- A high-quality product which sets new standards for your car
- Leaves behind spots
- Shine doesn’t last as it turns dull sooner than later
7. Meguiar’s G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax
The beauty of this product is in the way it is applied as it doesn’t require users to have some form of special skill before they can get to apply this in their car. It’s one step application formula would deliver the maximum depth of color, durability, lasting protection, perfect shine and high reflectivity.
You can call this car wax your all in one as it is able to provide your car with loads of benefits. Having a film technology makes this car wax very easy to apply and wipe off with the guarantee that it would not stain or leave behind spots.
It also features powerful polymers that are cross-linked to generate a form of protective cover as well as providing your car with a perfect and mirror-like shine. There is a whole lot more about this car wax but one which seems to amaze people about this product is hydrophobic polymer technology that ensures washing off this wax doesn’t affect car paint negatively.
- Its shine lasts longer when compared to similar products
- One of the products that are very easy to use and apply
- Expect exceptional results when combined with Meguiar clay kit
- Comes with directions on how to use that make it easy to work with
- Tends to leave behind oil haze and streaks
- Its content has a different color
- Low shelf life
8. Chemical Guys WAC20116 Butter Wet Wax
The Chemical Guys added another feather to their cap with the production of this car wax. It is one that is capable of delivering a deep wet look combined with a unique shine on the surface.
The butter wet wax is quite different from other products made by this brand as it has the tendency to last longer, shine brighter and also very easy to apply no wonder it is starting to make some waves on the market as customers tend to have this product on their lips when considering which option to settle for.
Whether you are an enthusiasts or a professional, the butter wet wax is one that you can rely on to provide protection against harmful UVB and UVA rays and having a layer that is extremely smooth makes it possible for this car wax to eliminate the possibility of leaving behind water spots as well as fighting back road tar and bird droppings.
- There isn’t any hassle or stress in applying this product
- Delivers a super and extreme black shine
- Less expensive
- This car wax has an amazing smell
- Doesn’t leave behind the main wax feel
- Less impressive results
- Shine doesn’t last long
9. Meguiar’s G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax
The combination of a unique water beading protection and hydrophobic polymer protection is what makes this car wax stand out from other products on the market.
Its hydrophobic polymer technology is responsible for delivering a wet look which on every normal ground could be gotten from paste or liquid waxes while its water beading protection, on the other hand, provides lasting protection for weeks so your car paint stays fully protected from spray wax.
Unlike in low-quality car waxes that tend to leave behind spots and residue, this Meguiar Ultimate Quik Wax is completely different as it would not leave any residue on your car’s surface. It is one that everyone can work without requiring special skills as all it requires is just to apply and wipe off. This car wax can also be applied either under hot surface tension or under direct sunlight.
- This is the kind of car wax that was formulated to meet and exceed users expectation
- Provides absolute protection
- Shortest and easy way to wax any car
- Leaves your car with an impressive and shiny look
- Its shine doesn’t last for a long while
- Quite expensive when compared to other brands
10. Meguiar’s G12718 NXT Generation Tech Wax
This isn’t just any form of wax but one that is tasked with the responsibility of protecting clear coats and glossy paints.
Thanks to its innovative hydrophobic polymer technology, this car wax is responsible or capable of offering your car optimal protection with adequate surface tension inclusive so water can be able to bead upright on your car and wash off with ease.
Its ability to leave behind no form of residue, wet deep black shine and being able to be wiped off and applied with ease is what makes this car wax product different from the rest.
Furthermore, this car wax would also repel micro-scratches and swirls.
- Very easy to use
- Evident water beading power
- Its shine lasts for a longer duration
- It also has a great smell
- Not so easy to come by on the market
11. Meguiar’s D15601 Synthetic Spray Wax
One of the best car waxes you can ever apply to your vehicle is the Meguiar D15601 synthetic spray wax which would provide your car with dark and deep wet shine that would get your car to shine brand new and this car wax is one that is well formulated to stand out from the rest as it makes use of an impressive Meguiar technology which promotes high beading power and also enabling it to roll off when wiping off.
This car wax features a flexible application when compared with other similar brands as it works great and delivers exceptional results when used either on dry paint or on wet paint. It is one that can be applied at any point in time even under direct sunlight as it also has the properties dry quickly when used on plastics.
- One of the best car wax ever made which would get your car looking good and shining great
- Less struggle to apply and wipe off
- Mixing this car wax with Wolfgang uber also delivers impressive results and shine
- Works great when used on plastic trim
- Not suitable for interior use
- Leaves behinds streaks and stains
12. Meguiar’s G3626 Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax
For people who have limited access to water supply or urban dwellers then this is just the right product for them to make use of as this waterless wax is one that delivers a double-action such that it forms a hydrophobic wax layer of protection and also easily gets rid of grime and dirt just to provide your car with an excellent and stunning appearance.
Just a bottle of this product can wash and microfiber towels are all that is needed to get your car shine brighter and brand new.
This is one that is very easy to use as it involves spraying onto the surface and gently wiping it away and thanks to its impressive wax and washes chemistry, users rest assured that this car wax would not leave behind residue or streaks after wiping it off. This product can also be applied to glass, vinyl, rubber and various types of wheels.
- Has a great citrus scent
- Lifts off dirt and leaves behind no scratches
- Leaves cars shining great
- badly package product
13. Aero Cosmetics Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax
Made using quality synthetic materials, this waterless and wet car wash wax is one that is very effective and safe for use on all cars. There are reasons to believe that this wash wax also delivers impressive results when used in the maintenance of airplanes and this makes it quite possible for it to deliver perfect results when used on cars.
There are few products on the market that can be applied both on wet and dry surfaces and this Aero wet and waterless car wash wax is one of such few products.
Its ability to deliver a showroom finish makes it one of the products on the lips of customers and thanks to having the combination of water and plant-based formulation, this car wash wax is an eco-friendly and safe product.
- Very simple to use
- Requires minimal effort when washing and wiping off
- Its shine holds up for a long while
- This car wax smells great
- Leaves behind lots of haze
- Has issues of bottle leakage
14. P21S 12700W Carnauba Wax
You would need to try out the P21S carnauba wax if you want your car to have that deep and glossy shine. This is the kind of car wax that most customers trust when it comes down to giving your car that protection and luster, therefore, making it go easy and soft on your car paint. It is one that requires minimal effort for use as it would spray onto your car with ease and get wiped off with ease too.
There is a high level of assurance that this car wax would not leave any form of residue behind on your car and it can be applied either by machine or by hand. It is also not capable of staining rubber or plastics.
- eliminates water spots
- Doesn’t leave white marks behind
- Easy to apply and wipe off
- Helps your car to look nice and new
- Not a cheap product as it is way expensive than other similar products
- Its shine fades quickly
15. Meguiar’s Gold Class Carnauba Paste Wax
Featuring the ideal combination of aesthetics and protection, this Meguiar Carnauba wax is simply a car wax product that every car owner whether you are an enthusiast or a professional would love to use in your car. If you are a huge fan of the carnauba and polymer combination then this is just about the right product for you as it is highly effective and delivers a shiny and perfect finish.
There are a variety of ways by which this car wax can be applied and no one has to be worried really about this car wax damaging their exterior car paint. It also comes with a foam applicator that makes applying this car wax onto your car very simplified and one also rests assured that it can be applied with ease and wiped off easily too to deliver impressive and mouthwatering results.
- Delivers deep luster and protective strength
- Works great on exterior glass and paints
- Delivers a long-lasting shine
- Can be wiped off easily
- Foam pad makes it very easy to apply
- Tends to attract dust
- Leaves behind traces of haze
The Different Forms of Car Wax
When we say car wax, the first thing that would come into mind is that this stuff is actually wax. However, it is not entirely made of wax as it comes in four different forms. The only reason why they call is “wax” because of the main component that it is made of.
Now before you but the car wax you want, it is important that you know other forms. This way you know what option to take and which ones work best for you.
This type of wax is very easy to use. In fact, it is durable and can give off easy gloss in one application. It can be applied once then wait for a few seconds before wiping it off so you can achieve the shine you need. However, there’s a little downside to this type of wax. It can be a bit difficult to apply evenly so you have to create a good way of applying this so you can get an even coat.
Another wax that you can find in the market these days is the spray type. Although this is less popular among car owners, it can do wonders if used correctly. However, this might not work if you live in an area where the weather is constantly changing but if you are someone who prefers washing and waxing only then this is the product you need.
Rubbing compound wax
It mainly used to restore any marks as a result of scratches. It helps restore the appearance of your car as well as keeping the damaged parts looking brand new. It is quick and easy to use but it can also be a pain when applying.
Are great in terms of durability. They can last longer compare to other types. It’s also easy to use in comparison to other types.
Now that you know the different types of car wax out there, go ahead and take your pick. Make sure that the car you have is compatible with the wax you chose otherwise you will be wasting money. You must also know the main components of the wax before applying it.
This way it doesn’t ruin your car’s paint. You should also pick the right form of car wax that way it is a lot easier to apply and shine. Picking the right car wax will definitely save you time and money so make sure that you know what to get and start waxing.