When working, accidents may happen. No one wants that, and the company owners and managers must take all the needed measures to prevent that. Sadly, there are many examples of accidents at work, that resulted in health issues, or even death. Construction is one of the riskiest industries in the world, and the workers are aware of it. That’s why they are protecting themselves as needed, but still, accidents happen all the time.
You might have heard about the worker’s compensation if you have come across a job-site accident. Such accidents are painful as it puts workers out of their job and also causes injuries to them. And to make up for such unfortunate events many victims claim the compensation that is offered by their company. This compensation makes up for their medical expenses, lost wages, etc. But dealing with compensation cases can be a little tricky that’s why it is best to hire a Syracuse construction accident lawyer like the one at www.powers-santola.com. Here in this blog, we will talk about how construction accident attorneys can help victims.
Do I really need to hire a construction accident attorney?
If you’ve been in an accident, you must do that as soon as possible. Don’t wait for the time to pass, because you are sabotaging yourself that way. If you have an attorney by your side, you can file a lawsuit against the company, especially if you know that the accident is a result of their bad work.
If you don’t have a lawyer, you may not have a chance for justice. All the injuries from that accident should be properly treated, and we know that’s expensive. If you suffered because of your bosses, who tried to save money on employees’ safety, they need to cover your medical expenses too – because it all could be prevented on time.
The best time to hire a construction accident lawyer is immediately after that happens. You or someone from your family should contact the attorney. Depending on the country you live in, you have to do that as soon as possible, but not after two weeks have passed.
The company or the individual attorney should provide an offer, and strategy to win the case. You need to bring your employment contract, together with all the needed paperwork, medical records, pictures of the accident, and everything you have, that may come in your favor. Also, you need to decide the main reason why you are filing this, no matter if it’s a workplace safety issue or negligence.
Also, make sure you talk to the attorney before you definitely hire someone, so you can get to know their background better.
But before jumping on that, let’s understand why construction accidents occur. The answer is:
- Many times to save money construction site owners use inadequate and improper safety equipment that can lead to job site accidents.
- The other reason for job site accidents is inadequate training for workers. Due to this, workers lack the confidence to operate the instrument in a more confident way which then results in an accident.
- Environmental hazards can be another reason for construction site accidents.
These are just some of the events that can happen on a worksite. Now comes the part about how it is best to hire a construction accident attorney.
- The very first reason to give construction accident attorneys a try is they are skilled and experienced professionals with years of experience and know everything about how to handle such cases. Not just this, these lawyers don’t get intimidated by big fancy corporate lawyers.
- Legal proceedings are tough and can take a surplus amount of time and if your attorney is unskilled then the whole procedure gets stretched unnecessarily. However, if you go with a talented lawyer then they not only finish the case on time but also fast proceed with the whole process.
- Further, you definitely should go with a construction accident attorney if you don’t know anything about the legal procedure and you feel like the construction site is offering you peanuts. In that case, an accident attorney helps you get what you actually deserve.
- Another reason to give accident attorneys a try is they help a victim by boosting their confidence. Attorney understands that the legal procedure can be overwhelming, that’s why they provide consultation. Such consultation not only helps victims mentally but also prepares them for trials.
Questions to ask the attorney
We are sure you want to hire the best among them all, so don’t be afraid to ask some questions before you do that.
So, don’t mind asking some of these questions:
– Do you have an experience in similar cases?
– How many successfully resolved cases do you have?
– How much do you charge per consultation?
– How long have you been practicing labor-related law?
– Can you show me some references?
Also, most lawyers will offer a free consultation before you hire them, so use that time to ask all the things you want to know.
What else do you need to know?
You need an attorney so you can have all the things together, without getting lost in the whole case. Also, they are more eligible to negotiate with the employer and insurance companies, so they can set a better deal for you. They are aware of the workers’ rights too, and they won’t skip on anything, to speed up the case – just the opposite, they will do anything needed to get a better settlement for their client.
Most attorneys can quickly resolve the cases, when too obvious, but some cases are very complicated. If you are one of them, you must hire a lawyer, because you can’t do it all by yourself. Don’t wait, contact the experts, and hire the best one who can serve the justice for you.
That’s it! Now you got the idea of how a construction attorney helps individuals.