Many people are suffering from indigestion and heartburn nowadays. One of the reasons behind this can be pregnancy, having heavy meals, and family gastrointestinal problems. It is the PPIs that are commonly used to treat these conditions. However, the worst part about these PPIs is they can cause gastric cancer.
What is a PPI?
PPI is a type of medicine that is commonly used to treat the heightened acid levels on the stomach’s lining. This medicine can also be used to treat issues like stomach ulcers or gastroesophageal reflux diseases. The above conditions are the cases that are caused by the excessive presence of stomach acids. These medicines are also a great cure to the situations like erosive esophagitis where the esophagus gets damaged over time due to excessive inflammation.
The PPIs are available in the form of tablets or capsules, and there are just six brands that manufacture them globally. These are some of the most prescribed medications. But when the PPIs are used in excessive quantity, they might lead to serious issues like kidney failures and other severe injuries.
The uncontrolled use of PPIs can cause various complications like the ones stated below –
- Your body will not be able to absorb the nutrients properly due to the regular intake of PPIs.
- PPIs can also increase the risk of bone fractures as well.
- According to some researchers, PPIs can develop a condition like pneumonia, which can be deadly.
- Excess use of PPIs is also related to weight gain.
If you are suffering from gastric cancer due to PPIs then you can approach a reputed and experienced PPI gastric cancer lawyer. Looking at so many law firms, it might be a little confusing for you when hiring a gastric lawyer.
You don’t have to go anywhere to hire their gastric cancer lawyer. You must simply contact their team online to take their lawyer’s appointment. Click here for more information.
What are the PPIs used for?
It is not unknown that PPIs are used for the treatment of the stomach and esophagus. Most doctors prescribe it to treat acid refluxes, indigestion, ulcers, and Zollinger-Ellison syndromes.
There is a specific way how these PPIs work. They start functioning by blocking the main enzyme that is used in the production of stomach acid. This way, the acid level in the stomach can be controlled effectively.
Some forms of the PPIs can be consumed without prescriptions also. Every type of digestive case needs a specific dosage and this varies with patients. Some might need to take the medicine daily while some take it only when the need arises. However, one must avoid its high doses unless it is prescribed to them.
What are the common side-effects of PPIs?
Mentioned below are some of the common side-effects of PPIs. Take a quick look at them!
- Dry Mouth
- Rapid Breathing
- Stomach Pain
If you experience any side-effects post using PPIs, you must talk to your family doctor. As the manufacturers of PPIs have failed to mention their side effects, many people have used them and experienced various health problems like cancer, etc. As the cancer treatment would cost you so much, you could file a lawsuit against the manufacturers of PPIs.
What are the risks and injuries associated with the PPIs?
As the use of PPIs has increased in recent years, more cases of the injuries associated with them are coming to light. The PPIs can also lead to fatal injuries, which might put the individual at a high health risk. Here are some of those injuries that one might come across during its intake:
- Colon infection
- Impaired liver function
- Allergic reactions
- Weakness of the bones that leads to fractures
- Stomach and oesophageal cancer
- Heart diseases
- Kidney diseases
What are the types of PPI medication?
The common PPIs are sold as capsules and tablets that are easily consumable. Here are the names of the primary brands and their manufacturers across the globe-
- Prilosec from AstraZeneca
- Nexium from AstraZeneca
- Dexilant from Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Prevacid from Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Aciphex from Eisai
- Protonix from Eisai
If you have suffered any sort of injuries after taking the above medications, you can file a PPI lawsuit with the help of a PPI lawyer. Partnering with an experienced lawyer will help you get the compensation you deserve.
How to choose a good gastric cancer lawyer?
- Read the client reviews of gastric cancer lawyers online before hiring them. Choose a lawyer with positive reviews always. Also, make sure that the reviews are authentic and not some paid agencies are writing them on the lawyer’s behalf.
- Choose a trustworthy lawyer. You must ask them all the doubts and questions you have in your mind before having them on board. Proceed with them only if you are satisfied with their answers.
- Choose a lawyer who will let you know about his fee structure in detail during your first meet itself. Feel free to discuss the fee if you are looking for some discount on it. Your lawyer will let you know whether it is possible to provide any discount on his or her fee. It is also fine to clarify if they are going to change their fees in the middle of the proceedings. Having a clear knowledge of the entire procedure will make you confident about proceeding further with the lawyer.
- A good lawyer will let you know what proof is required to claim compensation for your treatment. If you have all the proofs ready, you can submit them to your lawyer during your first appointment to save your time. If the lawyer has the right expertise, they will always verify the proofs that you have submitted and check for their credibility so that a strong case can be made.