Due to the highly developed business, economy, and infrastructure of Dubai, many people not only tend to visit this city but also dream to drive the luxury sports car on the smoothest tracks of the UAE. If you are also interested in driving supercars from any Car Rental Dubai Company, we suggest you learn the traffic rules. Because in any violation case, you have to pay a heavy fine to Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA).
Travelers of the neighboring districts think they can drive with the same rules and regulations in Dubai. But you should be aware that every emirate of the UAE has separate traffic and road rules. If you have an International Driving Permit (IDP) in Dubai, you can drive on the right side irrespective of the rule of your country.
Besides fines and penalties for violation of different traffic rules, you can also be banned to drive in Dubai. For instance, you will get a black point every time you drive dangerously. If you have allotted more than 24 black points, you won’t be eligible for driving in Dubai anymore.
Though there are a number of fines and penalties that Dubai RTA can charge from you, here are some fines which are more often charged by drivers in Dubai.
The most common fine charged by RTA in Dubai is due to over-speeding. When you are driving an auto in Dubai, manage your speed somewhere between 60 to 80 Kph in the central area of the city. You can drive at the speed of 100 to 120 kph on the highways.
In case of exceeding the speed limit, you will have to pay a fine along with vehicle confiscation as a penalty. According to the list of Dubai traffic fines for the year 2023, you have to pay a fine of 1500 AED along with 12 black points with the penalty of auto confiscation of one month.
Life Damaging Fine
Dubai RTA will not give you any favor if your drive so carelessness that your vehicle got hit by another person or vehicle. If you are responsible for the accident, you will have to pay a heavy fine with tax.
Unfortunately, if you hit someone so hard that a person dies, you will be allotted with 12 black points at the moment and your auto will be taken in the RTA control for one month. The fine and other punishment will be decided by the Dubai court depending upon your careless driving.
But if you just hit someone and take the injured person to the hospital, you will be treated with some leniency. On the contrary, people who managed to run after hitting someone will be treated offensively and you will be treated as a criminal.
In that situation, the court will decide about you. Besides the court decision, your motor car will be confiscated for about 2 months. Furthermore, you will be disqualified to drive in the UAE because of the addition of 24 black points in your driving record at once.
Reckless Driving Fines
Tourists usually prefer to hire economic autos for Rentalcarsuae companies. To save money during your Dubai tour, you should not drive recklessly. When you drive recklessly without keeping in view your safety and security, you will have to pay various fines in various conditions of carelessness.
The following are some violation fines you will have to pay for reckless driving in Dubai.
- When you drive a vehicle without a number plate, you will be charged a fine of AED 3,000 along with the penalty of your plateless auto confiscation for approximately 3 months. Besides this, there will be an addition of 2-3 black points to your driving record.
- Jumping a red signal is also considered as a serious violation of traffic signal lights. If you jump a red signal, you will have to pay a fine of AED 1000. Moreover, your exotic wheel will be confiscated for a month with 2 black points in your driving career.
- Drivers who block traffic on the road are also charged with a fine of AED 1000. No doubt there is no penalty for blocking traffic in Dubai but 6 black points will be allotted to you in this scenario.
Drunk driving fines
The Dubai government takes very strict action against drunk drivers. When you drive an auto rented from Car Rental Dubai services, you should be very careful because the company will also charge you some additional cost if you are caught up drunk while driving.
Drunk driving will lock you up in jail for a few days. Furthermore, you will be banned at once for driving while drunk. The UAE government takes very strict action and gives you 24 black points at once and confiscates the car you are driving for 2 months whether your car is personal or rented.
Here are some other small fines which are charged due to irresponsible behavior while driving. Some such fines are listed below.
- If you are caught using a phone while driving on Dubai roads, the road and traffic authority of Dubai will charge you a fine of AED 800.
- All around the world, driving without a seatbelt is considered illegal. So, when you drive without a seatbelt, you will have to pay a fine of 400 AED along with an addition of 4 black points in your driving history.
- It has been observed that some expert drivers try to drive even with expired wheels which can be very dangerous. So, drivers having an expired wheels’ auto will be charged a fine of AED 500 along with 4 black points. Cars of such careless drivers will also be taken in control for 7 days as a penalty.
- Some people drive autos which are neither registered nor insured. So, if you are driving such a vehicle, be careful because Dubai police can charge you 500 AED as a fine plus an allotment of 5 black points. Besides this, you will be deprived of your car for a week.
So, you should ask for the guidelines of traffic rules and regulations to avoid heavy RTA fines along with hiring an economy wheel from the Cheap Car Rental Dubai.