An integral part of a business is its production process and the quality of the product that is produced during that process.
A significant part of the business depends on this process, as the first thing people see when they go to the market is the quality of the product. Shrink wrapping plays a vital role in keeping products intact. Here is everything that you need to know about shrink wrapping.
Before diving into the benefits and the formalities of shrink wrapping, let us understand what it is:
- Shrink wrap film or shrink wrap is a polymer material used in packing goods that will be sold to the market.
- When the shrink film is placed on the product, tight pressure is applied using an electric or gas heat gun or a conveyer heat tunnel. The primary purpose of this process is for the plastic to be wrapped around the product tightly and sealed. This film then plays a significant role in protecting the product from damage.
- There are different types of shrink wraps available in the market. Depending on the shrink wrap’s durability, size, and strength, you can choose it.
- Companies like Felins provide machines that can help with the process of shrink-wrapping in the most efficient way possible.
Different types of shrink wraps: There are different types of shrink wraps that you can use to secure your products and maintain their durability.
- Polyvinyl chloride is the most common shrink-wrapping film used by almost all industries worldwide because it is durable, less expensive, and has many capabilities.
- High-density Polyethylene
- Low-density polyethylene
- Linear low-density polyethylene
Benefits offered by shrink wrap:
Although there are multiple advantages of using shrink wrap for your products, some advantages must be addressed. Its capability to mold itself into any shape and form has made it one of the best products of 2024. It can be used for different products. Here are some benefits offered by shrink wrap:
Shrink film allows the product to be preserved and secured for a long time without damaging the product. For sharp-edged products, a type of shrink wrap called cross-linked film seals the product and saves it from damage.
However, the product may be the seal that helps save the product during shipment. The shrink film you see lined on packages in supermarkets helps to increase the product’s shelf life.
Shrink can be customized according to the packaging to enhance the presentation of the product without compromising the content of the product. Different formulations of shrink film are used to pack products like frozen food, meat, etc.
The glossy texture of the shrink film allows the customer to see what kind of product they are using. This transparency gives the customer confidence in what they are buying.
One of the most significant benefits of shrink films is that they are recyclable. This is precisely what the world needs right now.
Many customers are attracted to a product because of its sustainability because people are becoming more aware of their surroundings and what is happening to the climate and the world. In addition to this shrink, films don’t release any kind of harmful vapors that would prove to be dangerous for the user.
4. Cost reduction
Cost reduction is what all businesses are aiming for these days. With the rising inflation rate, people are still determining what is right for them and what is wrong for them. In this case, they start looking for opportunities to flourish their business.
Many brands have discarded corrugated trays thanks to the presence of shrink film. Even heavy products can be wrapped in a shrink film without worrying that the product will be damaged. This decreases the cost and ensures more shelf space for new products so that old product are sold first and new ones later.
- Before making your min dup about shrink film, you need to consider other things that might change the shape of your business. The packaging supplier is the person who knows everything about the films that are used by people in the market and which films are the best for the business.
His insight is essential to get a broader view of shrink films and knowing which films will help secure your product and retain the shape and structure of it too. Some important considerations that come to mind while thinking of shrink film and they are:
- The type of product you will be packing.
- The dimensions, shape, weight, and size of the product
- Whether the film will be used for frozen food or fresh
- Will the film be customized to give a versatile look
- The details of the product and everything about the production process
- Will it be subjected to rough handling or shipped once to the desired location
- Whether it needs additional film addictives
Although there are many different types of shrink films available in the market, the key is to choose the best one for your product and stick to it according to the specifications of the product. Before getting into this process, it is essential to research and understand what is best for you and your business.
There are different types of equipment available in the market as well. Knowing which equipment is present and having all the information about it will help you in the future because you will know exactly what your business needs.
While packing the product, you must keep your target audience in mind so that the product is packed according to their liking. This way, the product will attract more customers by looking at the packaging.