In recent years, there has been a paradigm shift in the way education is being imparted around the globe. After Covid 19, online courses have become popular as compared to traditional offline courses. But the question arises if these distance learning programs are as good as offline learning programs. from MUJ is one such undergraduate degree course that is being taught in an offline and online mode in several accredited institutes.The following are the advantages pursuing a Bachelor of computer applications online BCA courses over offline ones
- Affordability- If you wish to build a great career in the IT sector, you can take up a three-year online BCA course. Pursuing these courses is affordable as there are no additional expenses involved as in the case of on-campus courses. Since there are no transportation, hostel and other expenses, you only have to take care of the tuition fees. Everything is included in the course fees. You don’t have to pay separately for educational material. This is greatly beneficial for students who lack resources and don’t have sound financial backgrounds. To further fund your learning journey, you can look for institutes that offer scholarships, loans and other financial aids. Different institutes have different scholarship criteria, so make sure to go through that if you want to check your eligibility.
- Learn at your own pace-If you take up an offline course, you will have to follow a strict routine. You always feel pressured and even if are facing difficulty in grasping a topic, you will have to move ahead with the next chapters to keep up with what is being taught in the class. It will be difficult to focus on other activities as you will be tired by the end of the day. However, online courses have no stringent deadlines or schedules you need to adhere to. You can go through the given extensive learning material over and over again till your concepts are clear. Especially slow learners don’t have to worry about falling behind and can learn efficiently at their own pace. You can explore various topics in depth which is difficult while pursuing offline courses. You can prepare your own schedule and continue with your day-to-day activities.
- Great flexibility- For an offline class, you have to go to the institute regularly. If you miss a class, you may not understand the topics properly. But it is not the case with online classes. You have the flexibility to plan your schedule. To begin your learning journey, all you need is a mobile phone, tablet or laptop or other digital device with a good internet connection. You can study anywhere and at any time. Even if you miss a live session, you can watch the recorded version. This way you won’t miss any important information. These additional perks make online courses extremely advantageous.
- No time wastage- Sometimes students don’t have good colleges in their cities and have to move to a different location for pursuing BCA courses. This is not a viable option for everyone. Alternatively, you can enrol in an online program at a reputable institute. Unlike offline classes, you don’t have to waste time travelling from home (or hostel) to college to attend classes daily and vice-versa. You can study confidently while travelling or from your home. If you wish to build a great career, you not only need to be good at your job but also sharpen your organisation and interaction skills. Today, Companies hire well-rounded professionals who possess good communication and management skills. The time saved can be utilised to sharpen your skills, learn additional concepts and engage in extracurricular activities.
- Diverse career prospects- BCA online degrees are recognised and are as credible as on-campus ones. After course completion, freshers can work as computer scientists, web or software developers etc., in major companies. You can easily take care of real-world problems. You can choose the job profile that fits you the best and work hard to become successful. Some institutes have partnered with several companies and provide placement assistance by organising virtual job fairs. They help you prepare for interviews and optimise your resume. Even if you wish to study further to expand your knowledge, your degree can easily help you get into a good higher education institute.
- Excellent mentorship and comprehensive learning tools- Like offline courses, the online BCA courses are led by industry experts that emphasise creativity and learning. They are well aware of the ways of industry and provide a global tech perspective to the students. They focus on clearing your concepts. They help you in strengthening your base. They keep their students motivated and focused and help them in achieving their goals. Students can simply reach out to their teachers if they need valuable guidance or wish to talk about important matters. Mentors, thus, pave a path of excellence for their students. The course offers several learning resources and tools for an immersive learning experience. Students can study using video tutorials and lectures, audiobooks, e-books, podcasts, webinars etc. Everything is available on the institute’s online portal. If you have any doubts or difficulty in understanding a topic, you can ask your teachers for help who will patiently solve all your queries. For periodic testing, students are given quizzes and assignments. This way they can test their knowledge and understanding of various topics and subjects. When you perform well in these tests, you will feel confident and motivated. For added comfort and convenience, exams may also be conducted in online mode. The online courses always keep you on your toes.
Online BCA courses are, thus, advantageous for students who prefer self-learning. These are also cost-effective programs that offer myriad job opportunities just like the on-campus courses. You can also build professional relationships and connections with alumni, mentors and other students by exchanging ideas and information on the discussion platforms. Reputed institutes always keep their curriculum updated as per changing world scenarios allowing students to stay ahead of their competitors in this fierce market.