Pre workout nutrition has a lot of influence on how you feel and perform during exercise. And taking a pre workout supplement is one effective way to leverage this factor.
Unfortunately, most pre workout supplements aren’t suitable for keto dieters. Our guide will help you find the ones that are here. Meanwhile keep on reading to learn more about these supplements and how they work.
Why Take a Pre Workout Supplement in the First Place?
It pays to take a pre workout supplement before you work out. Check LegionAthletics for more info. A high-quality one allows your body to have:
- Fuel to run on Be it carbs or fats your body relies on for energy, you need to stockpile them before workouts. Otherwise your body has to burn the resources that are already in limited supply. A well-timed pre workout supplement helps prevent this dire scenario.
- Key nutrients for performance From creatine monohydrate to beta alanine, high-quality pre workout supplements contain the nutrients that help you perform better. As you enjoy a boost to your strength and endurance levels, your body receives a better training stimulus.
- Ingredients to stay focused Top-of-the-range pre workout supplements have natural caffeine and MCTs that help you feel more drive and better concentration. You get to exercise with a lot more passion. And you become able to pay closer attention to every fine detail of your training.
- Essentials for proper recovery To recover and grow, muscles need a steady supply of amino acids that provide support for protein synthesis. Packed with branch chain amino acids (BCAAs), top-quality pre workout supplements give the body what it needs to recover.
Every decent pre workout supplement delivers these benefits. But what are keto pre workout supplements like?
What Makes a Pre Workout Supplement Keto?
Keto pre workout supplements share a number of key features in common:
- Little to no carbs Since carbs can end ketosis, there’s no place for them in pre workout nutrition on a keto diet. And the keto pre workout supplements of highest quality come with close to zero carbohydrates in them. Not even from sources of dietary fiber.
- Components that sustain ketosis To stay in ketosis, the body needs easy-to-digest fats and exogenous ketones. Best keto pre workout supplements supply both, boasting high-grade components like medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) and beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB).
- Branch chain amino acids Ideally, a high-quality keto pre workout supplement should have no actual protein, delivering only BCAAs instead. Essential for muscle recovery and development, BCAAs aid in protein synthesis without interfering with ketosis in any way.
- Ingredients for workout performance Despite their nature, top keto pre workout supplements still have what you need to keep your workouts productive. With key electrolytes, L-Citrulline, creatine monohydrate, and beta alanine, they help you kick your workouts up a notch.
Nearly all higher-end keto pre workout supplements out there satisfy these criteria. What other standards can we consider desirable in keto pre workout supplements?
How Else Can You Spot a Decent Keto Pre Workout Supplement?
On top of what we’ve mentioned earlier, it’s helpful if a keto pre workout supplement has:
- Natural sweeteners and flavors While in limited supply, keto pre workout supplements relying on natural ingredients like stevia for taste reign supreme. Rid of harmful artificial sweeteners and flavors like aspartame and sucralose, they don’t wreak havoc on your health.
- Minimal amount of allergens Most manufacturers don’t go through the trouble of ensuring their supplements have no problem-bringers like gluten or soy. At the very least, a keto pre workout supplement must not employ ingredients with proven allergens in them.
Giving preference to keto pre workout supplements that meet these additional criteria is well worth it. After all, the main reason why so many people choose to go keto is to safeguard their health.
What Keto Pre Workout Supplements Are Worth Trying?
If you want to check some keto pre workout supplements right now, we’ve picked a few for you. These keto pre workout supplements match the bulk of our guide’s criteria:
- Keto Perform by Perfect Keto.
- Octane by Kinobody.
- Pulse by Legion Athletics.
- Real Keto Pre-Workout by Old School Labs.
- Pure Power by Smart Strength.
- Keto Pre-Workout by Sheer Strength Labs.
- Total Keto Daily Exogenous Ketones by ONNIT.
- Ample K Ketogenic Complete Meal Shake by Ample.
At this point, you can easily zero in on a decent keto pre workout supplement without our help. We hope you that you’ve enjoyed reading our keto pre workout supplement buying guide.